Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunshine Earrings 20120611


 I know....I know... I am a terrible blogger.  If I don't have something done then I don't have anything to write about....I am still working on hat 2...I  put rosettes all around the top edge and it looks more like a cartoon fairy hat than something to wear every day.    Off came the rosettes and back to doing just the leaves.   I digress... back to the awesome pattern above!  


In the meantime an Big thank you to Melanie Cervi a tatting friend who shared the pattern with the online tatting class (see the original pattern here: http://www.georgiaseitz.com/2012/melbeadcapearring.pdf) Yes I made some changes...first the thread I was using tended to snap at very inopportune times...I think I could have made 6 pair in the time it took me to do two.   I quit trying to do the join between the chains...it just wasn't happening--I even tried hiding it under a bead...still no go.  Then the last ring/chain combination I made as mirror images (not silly mirrors but not quite exact either).  I am calling these earrings Sunshine Earrings as in real life the yellow that looks a bit tan is a sunshiny bright yellow.  The beads are a sparkly brass tone.  I will be wearing them to a wedding and reception this Saturday.  

Back for a moment to hat 2....the rosettes around the top of the crown made it look a lot like a dancing fairy hat from a cartoon....not bad...just not what I had in mind.  Off came the rosettes and now I am adding more leaves so it will be wide enough to fit my head.  Then down the sides....never fear the rosettes will migrate to the sides more of a hat band kind of thing just above the brim...yes the brim will be shade!

Peace and Happy tatting to all, Cyn





2 comments:

picotsnkeys said...

love the earrings! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Love your tatted earrings
Hugs
Joy in OZ