Saturday, August 23, 2014

A powerful message for all

Gentle readers here comes another mini rant.  I say mini rant because the video said it way better than I ever could.  Please watch the video that I think can be found here:
https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/orlando-jones-puts-a-powerful-twist-on-the-als-ice-bucket-challenge-184643763.html?soc_src=copy

I don't know who the young man (Orlando Jones) is nor do I know his acting ability but if this isn't straight from his heart then he deserves an award.  After watching the less than 2 minute long video all I could do was sit in stunned silence.  It doesn't end with the bucket over the head nor with a donation to ALS but with a challenge to us all.   

I take the liberty of posting the written info here just in case you won't (or can't) watch the video:
'With a somber tone, Jones laments, "Gandhi and Martin Luther King and millions of others are dead, and they were fighting for human RIGHTS, and it all seems to stem from some militarized police force threatening the rights of PEOPLE to assemble."  Noting that he is a "lifetime member of the NRA" and "active member of the great state of Louisiana's police force," he goes so far as to display his badge before getting to the grit of his message.
"I'm not pointing any fingers here at anybody but myself, and I'm asking something very hard of myself. I'm challenging myself to listen without prejudice, to love without limits, and to reverse the hate. So that's my challenge to me and hopefully you'll accept this challenge too."
The video wraps with a series of hashtags that flash on the screen in silence: #justiceformichaelbrown #weareallferguson #reversethehate.

We'll have to wait and see whether Jones's campaign catches on, but something tells us it's already making people stop and think — and that's the first step toward change.'    
Peace, Cyn



1 comment:

De Wiam said...

Often the first time one feels of calling a locksmith is when they’re closed out of their property or their car. Even though this is really correct, locksmiths can offer more compared to the claimed services. Besides being able to open one’s vehicle or fix the door of one’s house
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
bandar ceme
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://199.30.55.59/asikqq78/
data hk 2019